This article describes how to install the AutoStore Xlet on Ricoh SDKJ 2 and 4 machine. Please make sure that a Java VM card is installed.
Steps and Instructions
1. Open the folder with the Ricoh SDKJ2 files using the Windows Explorer (default in AutoStore 5: “c:\Program Files\NSi\AutoStore\Distributables\Ricoh SDKJ2\”)
2. Copy all files into a zip file (apart from the RicohXletSettings.exe) – please make sure not to use any special compression
3. Open the device website and login
4. Enter the username and password (Admin and “no password”)
5. Click on “Configuration”
6. Click on “Install” under “Extended Feature Settings”
7. Choose “Local File” and upload the ZIP file you have created at step 2
8. Click on “Display Extended Feature List” (the AutoStore files will now be uploaded to the device)
9. At “installation target”, please choose the SD Card being used for the Java SDK (Slot 2 or 3), enable “Auto Start” (so the AutoStore file is started automatically when the device is started) and “check” the radio box in front of “AutoStore …” and click on “Install”.
10. On the summary page click on “OK” – After the installation completed, the browser will show the “empty” Extended Feature List
11. Click on “Back”
12. Click on “Startup Settings” under “Extended Feature Settings”
13. When the AutoStore application is installed the first time, it is not started – please start the application by checking the radio box and clicking on “Start Up/Stop”
Once the application is running it will have the status “Starting Up”
AutoStore can now be used. The last step is to link the device with an AutoStore Server using the Xlet Configuration Tool, which can be found in “c:\Program Files\NSi\AutoStore\Distributables\Ricoh SDKJ2\”.